"You deserve to live a life you love in a body you’re proud of."
Emily Cook Harris
HEAD COACH / FOUNDER
As a lifelong dancer, Emily always had a curiosity with how movement can uncover your best self. She felt firsthand the power and confidence that came from moving fiercely and how it translated far beyond just aesthetics. Emily founded EMPOWERED in 2010 with the mission of empowering those she trained to be strong, confident, and have the courage to pursue their dreams - using proceeds to support education so girls' around the world could have that same opportunity. Emily personally experienced how education had the power to unlock doors and wanted to pay that forward to the next generation. Giving back is at the core of EMPOWERED.
Emily has spent the past 7 years as a top trainer and lifestyle coach in NYC and now helps people kick ass at life from Coast to Coast. She is a PUMA Team Faster ambassador, former professional dancer, and was named NYC's Hottest Trainer by Racked NY. She is a graduate of Louisiana State University (magna cum laude) with a B.S. in Kinesiology/Exercise Science and loves to sprint, jump, and lift heavy things for fun. Emily is a passionate coach and entrepreneur who hopes to empower everyone she encounters to live out their passions and change the world. Fitness is the foundation of it all.
- Creator of EMPOWERED FITWeek (NYC & Dallas)
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer; ACSM Health Fitness Specialist; ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor; TRX Certified
- Presenter at LAHPERD, Spire & Co, STF Leadership Summit & West Coast Retreat, Fordham Entrepreneur Conference
- Former Health + Fitness Specialist with NBC Studios and MetLife
- Performer with The Walt Disney Company, trained extensively at Broadway Dance Center, toured nationally with The Music Man, and featured in numerous publications for fitness & dance