Emily Cook Harris
As a lifelong dancer, Emily always felt connected to the power of movement. She noticed the strength & confidence that came from pushing her body's limits and how that rippled out to other areas of her life. Emily founded EMPOWERED in 2010 with the mission of empowering those she trained to tap into their own power through fierce functional workouts and a positive mindset shift towards what your body can do (not what it looks like). From there, anything is possible.
Emily is a seasoned fitness pro with 10 years of leading fun, engaging workouts for all levels. She is a PUMA Team Faster trainer, champion for education and gender equality, and has worked with top brands & individuals all around the world. She was named Hottest Trainer by Racked New York and is now based in sunny Los Angeles. As a passionate speaker and entrepreneur, Emily hopes to empower others to take risks for what they love and create the life they dream. Fitness is the foundation of it all.
- Creator of EMPOWERED FITWeek, raising over $20,000 for education to date
- International instructor and part of creative team for the PUMA x New York City Ballet workout (NYC launch)
- Featured trainer in the Well+Good x Sweat Series
- Recent podcasts include Do the Good Stuff, The Strong Women's Club, and Rise Up For You
- B.S. Kinesiology/Fitness and Dance Minor from Louisiana State University; ACSM Certified Personal Trainer; ACSM Certified Exercise Specialist; ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor; TRX Level 1
- Performed as a character with The Walt Disney Company, trained extensively at Broadway Dance Center, danced for Madonna's Material Girl Collection launch in NYC, and toured nationally with The Music Man